Here is my comments policy. It may change along the way, but this seemed like a good place to start…
By posting on my site, you agree to the following:
- You may comment without registering. I may change this in the future, but for now, anyone can post a comment. First time posts won’t appear on the site until they are approved.
- You may post follow-up questions. After more than two decades of
dedicatedobsessive effort, I probably have enough material to publish new content for the rest of my life! But it’s going to take a while to get it all out there. So if you have a question, please ask in the comments section. Chances are you’re not the only one wondering. And if you ask on the site—rather than via private email—then all the other folks with the same question get to be in on the conversation too.
It also let’s me know what everyone is most curious about, so that I can focus on those areas first.
- You don’t have to agree with me. I welcome debate (of the intelligent variety). And I’ll happily change my mind when a better idea comes along. Just keep the conversation civil and productive.
- I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my site, and I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your site, not mine.
Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) trollish; (b) spammish; (c) off-topic; (d) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or just plain shitty and mean.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including (but not limited to) a blog, a book, a video, a presentation, or a time capsule launched into interstellar space.
There. Now that all that’s out of the way, go post a comment.
And Welcome to the conversation!