New Age gurus like to talk a big game, about things like self love and authenticity.
But then they go on (and on) to tell us to be positive… To be passive and polite…
To rid ourselves of inconvenient emotions…
And be more “spiritual.”
But how is reducing ourselves to a forced, half-human personality in any way authentic?
Fuck Spiritual. Be You.
This is where you’ll find insights and inspiration to be more of who you are—and discover more of who you could be…
Inspiration without the guilt trip… Spirituality without the stereotype… Potential and personality…
So you can Express Who You Really Are.
- Being "spiritual" is easy. Being authentic is scary. Because the most beautiful thing about you—the thing most likely to offend others—is YOU. Read More »
- Authenticity is one of the highest virtues of our time… To KNOW who you are… And BE who you are… It’s a quest worth dedicating a lifetime to. But authenticity wasn’t always a virtue... Not too long ago, it wasn’t a thing at all! Read More »
- Several years ago I met a woman who had spent her childhood in an insane asylum. Not as a patient... She hadn’t been committed. It was her daycare. Her mother couldn’t afford a sitter, and she worked at the asylum. So, every day, she brought her daughter to work, and let her run around and play with the patients. Read More »
- Ego has become the modern Devil of the New Age—the big bad Bogeyman of the popular marketplace. But why? Why is ego bad? Because you can transcend it? Because it limits your perspective? It’s true. You can. And it does. …but does that make it bad? Read More »
- So I ran into a fascinating idea recently… About finding your true voice… And learning to express yourself in an authentic way. Now, I’ve written before on authenticity… About finding and expressing who you really are. But this is something different… Because this time, when I say “finding your true voice,” I don’t mean it metaphorically… I mean your actual voice! Read More »