Traditional spirituality has staked out some interesting landmarks—some alternative ideas and enlightening experiences.
But after countless years of repetition, it’s become like a fenced-in tourist attraction…
It’s safe, and polished. It’s well-trodden and predictable.
And we’re expected to follow the rules, follow the line, and stick to the designated path.
Definitely worth a visit…
But would you really want to live there?
It’s time for a new expedition
This is where you’ll find new ideas. And trailheads to new adventures.
Unconventional spirituality… Mind-bending physics… Philosophy with an edge…
Inspiration to Explore a Deeper Perspective.
- So, in the last few weeks, I’ve had several people ask me why I don’t share more of my personal experiences in my writing. I write quite a bit on “having spiritual experiences” in a general sense… But why don’t I give more specifics? Read More »
- This is the first in an ongoing series of articles that will shake up your worldview and get you thinking in different directions. But instead of focusing on spiritual insights, it will feature essential ideas of contemporary physics and philosophy. Ideas that everyone should know. (But almost nobody does.) Read More »
- Okay, I’m going to break your brain now. Sorry, not sorry… Because this is something you really need to understand… Countless starry-eyed seekers have been captivated by the power of the Now… But did you know that the idea of a universal present moment actually died at the hands of Albert Einstein over a hundred years ago? The Now isn’t what we thought it was… And the interpretations of our most sacred experiences can never be the same again. This post is going to get a little nerdy… But it’s also got pictures! If you take the time to read it, you’ll understand Einstein better than 99% of the population. And you'll never look at reality the same way again! Read More »
- Okay, let’s get nerdy about the New Age. I’m assuming that if you’re here, you aren’t a big fan of New Age religion. (If you are… man… you’ve really wandered off the beaten path.) And you probably already think that the Law of Attraction is bullshit… But sometimes it’s fun to dig into New Ageism and pull it apart in detail. If for no other reason than to highlight precisely why it’s so ridiculous—and to see if we can rescue any valuable gems of insight from the pit. Read More »
- Okay, it’s been a little while… I should probably break your brain again. Well, maybe “break” is too strong a word for this one… Bruise? A minor thought-stopping at worst… Anyway, it’s about physics and spirituality and symmetry, and how we look at the world. And it might sting a little, because I have to call bullshit on a couple popular spiritual ideas… But don’t worry. It’ll all work out in the end! The Essential Idea is this… There ARE no forces of nature! Read More »
- Science and materialism... One is awesome; the other is a pile of centuries old shit that isn’t doing anyone any favors. Do you know the difference? Most people don’t. Here’s a hint: If you’re struggling to find a balance between spirituality and science—then you’re going to need a shovel! Read More »
- Okay, here’s a nerdy post that will get you thinking… About the nature of reality. And the limits of science. And what we believe exists… Read More »
- Last time out, we did a nerdy breakdown of New Ageism, and pulled apart the claim that you create your own reality. It’s a profitable refrain… But where did it come from? And why do so many people believe it? It’s all about quantum mechanics. Read More »
- Okay, this week’s post is going to get a little nerdy. And it’s going to kick more than a few sacred cows down the hill… (Probably all of them.) So if you’re easily distracted—or easily offended—better give this one a pass… It’s about Einstein’s struggle to create his theory of gravity. And what he had to let go of in order to get it. The role that metaphysics play in physics… And how spirituality can let go too, and evolve into something better. It all starts back in 1913… Read More »
- Up next in the Essential Ideas series… The story of Emmy Noether. Not many people realize that the Newtonian concept of FORCE has been ousted from modern physics. But fewer still realize that it was ousted by a woman. Read More »